Discover the 6 best destinations towards the Sierra Nevada of Santa Marta
The Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta is a coastal mountain that is home to a great diversity of ecosystems and cultures. It is an ideal destination for lovers of nature, adventure and ancestral knowledge. Some of the places you can visit in the Sierra Nevada are:
- Minca: a peasant town surrounded by forests, waterfalls, natural pools and coffee farms. You can stay in ecological hostels and enjoy the panoramic view of Santa Marta.
- San Lorenzo: a site that allows you to ascend from sea level to 3,000 meters in a few hours. From there you can appreciate the snow-capped Colón and Bolívar peaks, as well as the biodiversity of the area.
- Tayrona Park: a natural reserve that combines paradisiacal beaches with jungle trails. You can camp in cabins or hammocks and explore the archaeological ruins of the Tayrona culture.
- Lost City: an ancient indigenous settlement that is located on top of the mountain. To get there you must hike for several days along ancestral trails, accompanied by local guides.
- Palomino: a coastal town that offers activities such as surfing, tubing, bird watching and contact with indigenous communities. You can relax on the beach or by the river and enjoy the bohemian atmosphere.
- Visit to the KOGUI Community: The tour to the Kogui indigenous community where you can spend the night in their ceremonial houses and learn more about their religion, culture and care for Mother Earth
- Organize an Indigenous Wedding: You can travel to a small community to unite life as a couple under the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta mountain.
- Spiritual Retreat in the Sierra Nevada: One of the best experiences you can have is connecting with nature and being able to live the experience of spending two days with an indigenous leader from the Sierra Nevada to clear your mind and soul.
These are just some of the destinations that you can visit in the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta, but there are many more that will surprise you with their beauty and magic.
You can book with us, click here